People often ask about the role of a project manager in building and development projects. There are three stages to building project management
- Post Construction
It starts with consideration of the development objective. A Project Manager will review the objective and then establish and appoint a design team made up of professional consultants. The team will collectively carry out all the work necessary to design the project and provide the information necessary to obtain all the consents that will be required.
The project manager will lead and co-ordinate the planning, organisation, timing and budgets for the entire process from initial concept through the detailed design, consent, tender, build, sales and marketing stages of a project.5 great reasons why to appoint a PM.
Appointing an experienced Project Manager could be the single best decision you make for your project, these are the top 5 reasons why:
- Efficient management of pre-construction will save you time and money
- A project manager will prepare a detailed scope of works, prepare a list of pre-qualified contractors, obtain best prices via competitive tender and could save you thousands in the process.
- A project manager will protect your financial interests and control all project finances including the approval of contractor payments (known as Valuations)
- A project manager will co-ordinate the lead times of multiple suppliers into the main contractors build programme – reducing the risk of site delays.
- A project manager will act as the single point of contact and conduit for information flow for the Client, professional design team and main contractor. This will save you hours of your time and allow you to focus on other areas of your business.
WE CAN HELP YOU
Steele-Perkins are experienced at leading building projects through the maze of requirements at all stages. We help individuals, property investors and developers on projects that range in size, type, complexity and location.
For Pre-Construction assistance – we work throughout the UK
For Project Management of the build we work in London, Surrey and Hampshire
To find out more, please get in touch with me today.
Oliver Steele-Perkins on 07976 339 339